Sunday, January 23, 2011

Running 1 to 9 miles- (to be sung to the tune of "working 9-5" by Dolly Parton

This morning, as I attempted to thaw out from this morning's CHILLING run, I became a songwriter:

Tumble outta bed
And stumble to the kitchen
Pour myself a cup of ambition
Yawnin' and stretchin' and try to come to life

Jump in my runnin gear
And the blood starts pumpin'
Out on the streets
The traffic starts jumpin'
With folks like us on a run from 1 to 9

Running 1 to 9

What a way to get endurance 
Barely breathin right
It's all huffin
And a puffin
You go, out your mind
And they never give you credit
It's enough to drive you
Crazy if you let it


 
1 to 9, for running and devotion
You would think that I
Wouldn't be going in slow motion 
Want to move ahead
But the legs won't seem to let me
I swear sometimes that they are out to get me
Mmmmm...

Thank you for your inspriration and support.  Al, could not have done it this morning without you!!!!!

1 comment: