Sunday, February 6, 2011

How Many Song References Can You Pick Out?

So, rolling out of bed at 7:30, wondering to myself should I stay or should I go.   i try to decide if I want to go outside or not because after all, this is New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of and there's nothing you can't do.  However, it was not my dream to go outside 'cause i couldn't do it today.  So I decide to go and stumble to the kitchen to pour myself a cup of ambition called Gatorade. I begin my 2-floor descent with my loyal husband who is the wind beneath my wings with his spandau ballet biker shorts to the treadmill and bemoan that I'm all by myself. I plug in my laptop to watch a movie while running and remember that if you step up I'll step up too. I get to the part of the movie where everyone is groovin, and I'm dancin with myself but I almost fall off the treadmill. Sister Christian, but still annoying, is craning her neck to steal my (video) sunshine.  Well, I guess I have to remember that I live in Paradise city where the grass is green and the people are ...."not" so pretty, but, it all just fine.  I guess ain't nothing wrong with that. 

My faithful husband now comes to my treadmill and says he is leaving, and I cry but he says why don't you release I'm begging you for mercy....I say ok....and I guess it's alright because he's going to bring home the bacon, fry up in the pan....and later, I'll never ever let him forget he's the man.....'cause I'm a WOMAN.

I finally come to the end of this crazy run and my hips are screaming and they don't lie.  As I walk away, I say I DID IT MY WAY!!!!!

1 comment: